We were recently awarded the Quality in Careers Standard - the single national quality award for careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) in schools, colleges and work-based learning.
At Brompton Hall School our Careers Programme aims to help students to make the right choice for their next steps, whether that is employment or further/higher education. The School seeks to deliver on the 2018 Department for Education Careers Strategy, so that:
- all students understand the full range of opportunities available to them, to learn from employers about work and the skills that are valued in the workplace and to have first-hand experience of the workplace;
- all students receive an excellent programme of advice and guidance that is delivered by individuals with the right skills and experience;
- all students get support tailored to their circumstances, with access to face-to-face advice;
- all students get the information they need to understand the job and career opportunities available, and how their knowledge and skills can help them in considering suitable careers.
We want all of our students to:
- understand their options and different paths to work, to plan the steps they need to take, and to get from where they are to where they want to go;
- be inspired about new opportunities they might not have known about (or that might not exist yet), or thought they could not achieve;
- understand their own knowledge and skills and how they can be used in the workplace;
- get, hold and progress in a job, whatever their age, ability or background;
- increase the amount they earn across their working lives;
- improve their well-being through doing a job they are good at and enjoy.
Click here to go to our school careers policy.
You can contact the Head of Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org